Does Missouri have Jurisdiction for your divorce?

You or your spouse have lived in Missouri and in the county of filing for ninety (90) days before filing the divorce.

If you have minor children living with your spouse in another state for over six months then you should consider filing in that state as that court has jurisdiction over the children. Your spouse can waive that jurisdiction in writing.


You should file the divorce in the county where you presently reside, or in the County where your spouse resides, if she lives in another County. You or your spouse must have an Missouri address in the county where you are filing your divorce. Missouri civilian residents living overseas may file in Missouri if they have maintained their residency in Missouri.